Board Fiscal Training
Lanai- Saturday, October 15, 2016
If you are a Board Member or Executive Director and want to learn how to read nonprofit financial statements to ask good questions and make good financial decisions, this training is for YOU!
This seminar is made for people who are not bookkeepers or accountants.
- We will go over fiscal issues in “plain language.”
- You will have a workbook with plenty of notes and examples.
- We will work through sample financial statements for hands on training.
- We will have a Question & Answer time during lunch as a group and after lunch one-on-one.
My goal is not to make you become accountants, but to help you understand the finances of your Nonprofit to make successful fiscal decisions.
You will learn:
- The key to nonprofit fiscal success.
- How to assess the financial condition of your Organization.
- How to calculate your organization’s “True” cash position.
- This is your Agency’s “BLOOD PRESSURE”
- Learn what is your “Real” profit or loss. It’s not what you think!
You Will Know:
- How to read a balance sheet and ask good questions.
- How to read profit and loss by funding source statement.
- How to analyze Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- How to be an effective part of Internal Controls.
- How to get value from your audit and CPA Firm.
SEMINAR LINKS AND RESOURCES
TO SIGN UP
Contact: Leslie at (808) 242-5002 and make a payment via credit card
OR or click the “Seminar Registration” button at the top of the page and mail checks to
Carbonaro CPAs & Management Group
1885 Main Street, Suite 408
Wailuku, HI 96793
Pre-registration and payment are necessary no later than a week before the starting date! Once we have a certain number of people signed up to attend, we will notify you of the seminar dates!
John D. Carbonaro is a CPA with over 25 years of nonprofit auditing experience.
“I spent months making this training for regular people, no bean counter accountant types. It is fun, interactive, motivational and very educational.”
Material was well prepared and the humor was a great addition. -C.K.
Lana’i Community Health Center (October 15th, 2016)
8:45am – Registration
9:00am – Training & Fun Begins
12:00pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Q&A
$75 (includes food, refreshments and a workbook)
333 Sixth Street, Lanai City 96763 (Multipurpose room)